2017 Honda CR-V on sale from $30,690, new VTEC Turbo engine
Honda Australia has announced that the all-new 2017 Honda CR-V will arrive mid-July and will offer an “unsurpassed combination of style, versatility, technology and value”.
Priced from $30,690, Honda has promised “superior performance, economy, dynamics, refinement and technology across the range”, as well a seven-seat option.
Honda has also ditched its multiple engine approach for upper and lower class CR-V models and now instead offers a new “powerful and efficient” 1.4-litre 140kW/240Nm VTEC Turbo engine across the board. The new engine will be mated exclusively with a continuously variable transmission across all models.
Other standard features include Smart keyless entry, Active Noise Control, dual-zone climate, alloy wheels, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Design wise, the all-new Honda CR-V has a more modern look. According to Honda the CR-V will appear “lower and wider on the road” despite being more spacious than the model it replaces. For the first time with CR-V Honda will offer a seven-seat model to extend its appeal to “growing families”.
Honda Australia Director, Mr. Stephen Collins, said:
“Twenty years ago the first generation Honda CR-V redefined the segment by delivering space, efficiency and versatility in a compact package. One that Australian families had never seen before.
“Our customers consistently tell us what a joy their CR-Vs are to live with and the fifth generation builds on this reputation with new levels of style, versatility, technology and value.
“The all-new CR-V represents brilliant value, especially for customers looking for a premium SUV experience for under $35,000. In fact, the entry VTi grade in the new CR-V range more closely matches the previous generation VTi-S, while adding $3700 of value over its predecessor.”
Honda states that the “powerful and efficient” 140kW VTEC Turbo drivetrain underpins “new levels of capability both on and off-road, with sharper steering, more dynamic handling, stronger braking performance, plus the availability of the latest generation electronically-controlled AWD system”.
Honda will offer the all-new CR-V in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations, with standard seating for five or seven passengers across a simplified line-up of five grades.
The 2017 Honda CR-V line-up is as follows:
- 140kW VTEC Turbo engine
- Earth Dreams Technology CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission)
- Smart keyless entry with Push Button Start
- Active Noise Control (ANC)
- Dual-zone climate control
- Reverse camera
- 7.0-inch Advanced Display Audio with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto
- 8-speaker audio system
- Electric Parking Brake
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Front fog lights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full size alloy spare wheel
- Driver Attention Monitor (DAM)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Trailer Stability Assist (TSA)
Features of VTi grade PLUS
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Electric tailgate
- Built-in satellite navigation
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Optional Real-Time All-Wheel Drive system (VTi-S AWD)
Features of VTi-S grade PLUS
- 7-seats with split-fold 3rd row
- Panoramic sunroof
- Leather-appointed seat trim+
- Heated front seats
- Power front seats (8-way driver with lumbar & memory, 4-way passenger)
- Automatic rain-sensing wipers
Features of VTi-L grade (excluding 7-seats) PLUS
- Honda Sensing suite of driver-assist technologies
- Real-Time All-Wheel Drive system
- LED headlights with active cornering lights + LED front fog lights
- Digital Radio (DAB+)
- Privacy glass
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
The all-new fifth-generation Honda CR-V will go on sale in mid-July.
Manufacturer’s list price (excludes on-road costs):
VTi five-seat 2WD – $30,690
VTi-S five-seat 2WD – $33,290
VTi-S five seat AWD – $35,490
VTi-L seven-seat AWD – $38,990
VTi-LX five-seat AWD – $44,290